Sorry, this contest is now closed to entries.
Shutter Muse is once again sponsoring the First Light Image Festival – Yukon’s photography festival. Regular readers will know that I live in the Yukon, but you might not know that I volunteer on the organizing board for this great photography festival.
This year the festival will be an all-digital affair on April 17th, with a day of streaming presentations, headed by National Geographic photographer Kiliii Yuyan.
Alongside the festival, we are once again running our annual photo contest. As usual, this is split into two categories: The Open category is for anyone to enter, while the Youth category is for under 18s. Our event sponsors really came through for us this year, providing an incredible package of prizes. I’m very excited that we have amazing mirrorless camera kits available to the winner of each category!
Although there is a nominal entry fee for the open category, I’m pleased to say that once again we have been able to keep the youth contest absolutely free to enter. We really want to promote photography amongst younger people and feel that this is a great way to do it. You’ll be hard pushed to find any other photo contest out there that is free to enter, and yet still offers a brand new mirrorless camera kit as the prize! The contest closes on April 30th at midnight MST.
Contest Prize Packages
- Round Trip-trip travel certificate for one from Whitehorse to Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria, Edmonton, or Calgary courtesy of Air North
- Panasonic G9 Mirrorless Camera
- Panasonic G 12-35mm f/2.8 Lens
- Think Tank MindShift Backlight 36L Camera Backpack
- TheCameraStore.com gift card (Value $200)
Youth Contest (Under 18)
- Nikon Z50 Mirrorless Camera
- Nikkor Z DX 24-50mm Lens
- Think Tank Retrospective 20 camera bag, courtesy of TheCameraStore.com
- Yukon Built Hoodie