Think Tank Photo have launched a new lightweight roller bag that tips the scales at a mere 7.5lbs (3.4kg), several pounds lighter than their regular rollers of the same size.
The new roller, the Advantage XT, was designed to meet increasingly restrictive international carry-on requirements, whilst still providing enough room to house a pair of gripped DSLRs and a broad selection of lenses. As well as ample amounts of camera equipment, a gusseted front pocket leaves space for a 17″ laptop and a 10″ tablet.
I’m also pleased to see an entirely new colour appearing in the Think Tank roller bag lineup. The Advantage XT will be the first of their rollers to be available in a cool looking Graphite colour.
I realise that a Think Tank roller review is a bit of a gap in our review history so I’m hoping to get my hands on one of these in the next few months to take it for a spin.
Don’t forget our usual Think Tank deal… if you buy this bag through one of our links, you’ll get a free gift at the checkout. Thanks in advance for using the link!
- Interior Dimensions: 13.3” W x 18” H x 6.5–7.5” D (33.8 x 45.7 x 16.5–19.1 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: 14” W x 21” H x 8” D (35.6 x 53.3 x 20.3 cm)
- Laptop Compartment: 13.8” x 17.3” x 2” (35 x 44 x 5 cm)
- Tablet Compartment: 10” x 10” x 1.6” (25.4 x 25.4 x 4 cm)
- Weight: 7.5 lbs. (3.4 kg) (without rain cover, straps and extra dividers)
Lowest weight reflects all accessories removed while using only minimal dividers
- Holds Two Gripped DSLRs with lenses attached, plus 5–8 additional lenses, and up to a 17” laptop
- Mirrorless video kit with lenses, batteries, DJI Ronin-S and DJI Mavic Pro
Press Release Highlights
Weighing only 7.5 lbs. (3.4kg), the brand new Airport Advantage XT rolling camera case from Think Tank Photo meets increasingly restrictive international airline requirements, yet still provides the ample quality and protection you expect from Think Tank.
The Airport Advantage XT fits two gripped DSLR camera bodies and several lenses, enabling traveling photographers to carry the maximum amount of gear on the plane at the minimum weight. And the proprietary two-tone fabric creates a stylish look yet doesn’t proclaim the case is full of expensive camera gear.