Letter: G


What Does GAS Mean in Photography? GAS stands for Gear Acquisition Syndrome and it describes a “condition” that some people have which causes them to want to purchase new camera gear, even when their current camera setup is perfectly good. It must be noted that this is NOT a legitimate medical condition of course ūüôā ¬†It’s just a bit of fun, but it is often talked about. GAS usually occurs when a photographer’s chosen camera manufacturer releases a new upgrade to a camera or lens that the photographer already owns. ¬†Up to that point they had been perfectly happy...

Read More


What Is A Gimbal For A Long Lens? A gimbal is a device that sits on top of your trip and holds your camera and lens in a perfectly balanced position. They are typically used by wildlife photographers to hold heavy super telephoto lenses of 300mm and above.  Big telephoto lenses are hard to hold steady, and the long focal length amplifies any camera shake so it becomes even more important to hold the camera still.  Whilst you could use a ballhead, these require locking every time you want to remove your hand from the camera.  The major benefit of...

Read More