In 2019 Panasonic joined the L-Mount Alliance to produce their first full-frame mirrorless camera featuring the L-Mount. Below is a current list of all Panasonic Lumix S L-Mount lenses and their specifications. All Lumix S lenses feature an L-Mount bayonet for working with L-Mount cameras. These Panasonic S Series lenses will work on all other cameras with an L-Mount, such as those from Leica and Sigma.
While the selection of Panasonic Lumix S lenses is relatively small compared to Canon or Nikon, they have been highly praised in reviews and compete with the top full-frame lenses from other brands. Of course, suppose you have an L-Mount camera. In that case, you aren’t limited to just these Lumix S lenses. You can also use L-Mount lenses from other alliance partners, such as Leica, Sigma, or DJI.
Panasonic Lens Terminology Key
Below is a brief overview of the most common acronyms and abbreviations found within the names of Panasonic Lumix lenses.
- O.I.S – The lens features optical image stabilization
- Lumix S – The lens is designed for Panasonic’s full-frame mirrorless system
- Lumix G – The lens is designed for Panasonic’s Micro Four-Thirds mirrorless system (not discussed on this page)
- PRO – The lens is built to the highest optical standards, with a high level of weather sealing
- Macro – The lens has close focusing capabilities with a maximum magnification ratio of at least 1:2 (0.5x)
Panasonic Lens Annual Release Rate
How many new S Series lenses does Panasonic release every year? The number is variable, but the chart below will give you some historical context and a reasonable indication of what can be expected.
Panasonic Lumix S Lens Release Dates
The lens data table in the next sub-section is arranged in focal length order. Sometimes it’s helpful to have a chronological list of Panasonic S lens release dates to determine which lenses offer the latest technology. In this section, you will find a list of all Panasonic’s Lumix S lenses, arranged with the newest lenses at the top. Occasionally, there may be additional upcoming lenses on the Lumix S lens roadmap that have not yet been officially released.
|#||Lens Model||Release Date MM/DD/YY|
|14||Lumix S 14-28mm f/4-5.6 Macro||01/04/23|
|13||Lumix S 18mm f/1.8 L||09/07/22|
|12||Lumix S 35mm f/1.8||11/09/21|
|11||Lumix S 24mm f/1.8||09/01/21|
|10||Lumix S 50mm f/1.8||06/02/21|
|9||Lumix S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Macro O.I.S.||02/19/21|
|8||Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6||05/27/20|
|7||Lumix S 85mm f/1.8||04/11/20|
|6||Lumix S PRO 70-200mm f/2.8 O.I.S.||11/06/19|
|5||Lumix S PRO 16-35mm f/4||11/06/19|
|4||Lumix S PRO 24-70mm f/2.8||8/28/19|
|–||DMW-STC14 Lumix S 1.4x Teleconverter||05/31/19|
|–||DMW-STC20 Lumix S 2x Teleconverter||05/31/19|
|3||Lumix S PRO 50mm f/1.4||02/01/19|
|2||Lumix S PRO 70-200mm f/4 O.I.S.||02/01/19|
|1||Lumix S 24-105mm f/4 Macro O.I.S.||02/01/19|
Panasonic Lumix S Lenses – Complete Specifications
By default, lenses in the table are sorted by their widest focal length, placing wide-angle lenses at the top and super-telephoto lenses at the bottom.
- Use the filters to narrow down lenses shown in the table.
- Use the horizontal scroll bar below the table to reveal more specifications.
- Mobile users can press the + button to expand.
Panasonic Lumix S Lens Price Check Tool
Use the links below to jump to specific lenses.
Lumix S Zoom Lenses
- Lumix S 14-28mm f/4-5.6 Macro
- Lumix S PRO 16-35mm f/4
- Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6
- Lumix S PRO 24-70mm f/2.8
- Lumix S 24-105mm f/4 Macro O.I.S.
- Lumix S PRO 70-200mm f/2.8 O.I.S.
- Lumix S PRO 70-200mm f/4 O.I.S.
- Lumix S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Macro O.I.S.
Lumix S Prime Lenses
- Lumix S 18mm f/1.8
- Lumix S 24mm f/1.8
- Lumix S 35mm f/1.8
- Lumix S 50mm f/1.8
- Lumix S PRO 50mm f/1.4
- Lumix S 85mm f/1.8
Lumix S Teleconverters