We’re fans of ProGrade Digital cards and card readers around here, and it nearly escaped my notice that they launched updated versions of their excellent SDXC cards which now feature slightly faster speeds.
New Gold cards have a read speed up to 250MB/s, up from 200MB/s on the old versions. New Cobalt cards have a read speed up to 300MB/s, up from 250MB/s on the old cards.
Note that if you are searching for the new ones in online stores, I noticed there are still lots of the older version being stocked retailers. Make sure you specifically look for the ones with the new faster speeds written on the cards and quoted in the specifications.
If you want to know you’re getting the right ones, ProGrade’s own Amazon store has them in stock here.
SD V60 Gold
- Maximum read speed 250MB/s
- Burst write speed 130MB/s
- Minimum sustained write speed 60MB/s
- Capacities: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
SD V90 Cobalt
- Maximum read speed 300MB/s
- Burst write speed 250MB/s
- A minimum sustained write speed 90MB/s
- Capacities: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
SD V60 and V90 both deliver:
- High performance speed verified to perform at a sustained read rate of up to 300MB/second V90 and 250MB/second V60
- Video tested and certified to perform at a minimum sustained recording rate of 90MB/second, V60 at a minimum sustained recording rate of 60MB/second
- Recommended and tested in a wide range of DSLR, MILC and Cinema-grade video cameras
- Optimized for 6K, 4K, UHD, Full HD, Motion JPEG and most high bit rate MPEG-4 CODECs
- Serialized tracking of key components and manufacturing data for the highest quality control
- Refresh Pro support to monitor card health and refresh the card back to factory-fresh condition
- Professional-level capacities 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Packaging: jewel case in a sleeve
- 3-year warranty
San Jose, CA August 20, 2019, 8:00 am —ProGrade Digital™, founded with a mission to provide the highest quality professional grade digital memory cards and workflow solutions, announces its new line of SD memory cards—a step up in performance to sustained read speed of up to 300MB/second and sustained write speed of up to 250MB/second on V90 cards. The V60 SD cards have a step up in performance to a sustained read speed of up to 250MB/second and sustained write speed of up to 130MB/second. There is no increase in price with these new speeds, offering photographers and videographers a great value for their money. ProGrade Digital SDXC UHS-II, U3, Class 10, V60 and V90 cards bring peak performance to upper-end DSLR, mirrorless, camcorder and digital cinema cameras—cameras that produce incredibly rich data streams and require more from a memory card. This elevated performance ensures faster capture during data-intensive processing, most notably for the Panasonic GH5S, Panasonic AUEVA1, Canon Cinema EOS line, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and the Sony a7 line. ProGrade Digital SDXC UHS-II memory cards in 64GB, 128GB and 256GB capacities are available in August.
“Today’s creative pioneers are producing more video than ever before,” said Wes Brewer, founder and CEO of ProGrade Digital. “There are a range of recording options in today’s high-end professional camera market–6K, 4K, Full HD at varying frames per second (fps)–many of which require write speed performance from memory cards not commonly seen in the past. To serve these needs, we increased the performance across our SDXC product line. Additionally, we’ve incorporated our unique Refresh Pro™ capability into all capacities allowing professionals to refresh cards back to factory-fresh condition as well as monitor the health of their cards before an important shoot.”